Thursday, October 05, 2006

it's mid-autumn festival again

Happy mid-autumn festival (moon festival 中秋節)! I totally lost track of time this year with my Chinese festivals... and I guess because mom didn't buy any mooncakes this time round I wasn't prompted about the festival until today. Anyway I'll have to rumage through my pile of stuff and try to find my lanterns so I can celebrate it tomorrow HK-style (the Taiwan they don't light lanterns, just firecrackers)... aw, would love to have a cellophane goldfish lantern, or a starfruit shaped lantern... For all those celebrating this awesome festival, please eat lots of mooncakes for me!

5 comments:

dpma said...

happy moon festival to you ann!

i've already eaten LOADS of yuet bang, but i'll eat loads more JUST for you lah! blessings to you Ann ONG!!!

Clare O said...

OI Ann! Mid autumn festival is great! Haha, i tried some moon cake and i loved it. Also, those pineapple tarts weren't as good as last time - which is good or else I would have gotten fat again :%


Ps. can you do another "currently loving" - i like them!

Clare O said...

my bad! should have kept reading :P

eastjoker said...

I miss that?! This is why I should go take 'how to be a real Chinese 101'. All I know is Chinese New Year.

annong said...

haha tin tin... if you read your 'how to be a real chinese guide' you'd probably find the section that lists out all the festivals and things to do and eat... it's my favourite part of the guide! haha :) love you lots