Tuesday, November 28, 2006

new things I have recently discovered

- When the hairdresser tells you your hair is very warm - that means it's majorly red in hue... in my case when I became my friend's model for her prac, having warm hair was not a good look.... apparently toner that contains matte green sorted that out! phew my hair didn't turn out fire engine red... just a subtle chocolate tint! Thanks Katey-watey, you're amazing!
- An art form that's new to me - Bead Weaving. Check out Natasha St Michael's amazing artwork.
- Kozyndan - the husband and wife design team that did the interpretation of Hokusai's Tsunami and the funky t-shirts I purchased in Melbourne. The designs are quite cheeky but I think it's great.
- Creating hand-made invitations is really time consuming. Mom asked me to make my gong gong's 90th birthday party invites... I stupidly agreed to it... it took me a week to make 50+ invites! Never again am I doing that!!! (but then again how often do you get to celebrate a person turning 90 years of age?)
- My friend Kelly has started her own jewellery store. Check this out. I'm so proud of you Kel. LYLAS!
- I heart design blogs.... they are so hot right now. ie: Design*Sponge
- The 2007 Perth Arts Festival calendar is out now... hope to be able to see Wild Cursive and the Gotan Project amongst other events.

No comments: