Tuesday, April 19, 2005

breathing again (just!)

I had four assignments to hand in last week, two of them were lesson presentations plus a write-up. It was my killer week. If you saw me last week you'd have known that I was a complete zombie and I'm still recovering from it. What I did learn from my past week was that I can get easily stressed out, and I am also a procrastinator - what a combination! I suffered quite a bit physically and emotionally, but I ploughed it out eventually (mentally telling myself that it'll all be over on Thursday). Just when I thought I was able to have a fantastically relaxed, do anything I want type weekend, I found out on Wednesday that my cousin from Taiwan was to arrive in Perth with his friend and stay with us for a week before bringing my grandma back home with them. So Saturday morning instead of sleeping in I was awake at 6:30am to accompany my mother who still doesn't quite know her way to the airport to pick them up. I ended up bring the chauffeur for the weekend (we checked out Freo on Saturday afternoon - fish & chips and coffee, and the Universal Bar on Saturday night - for some real Aussie beers). Although I am still quite zombie-like, I'm really loving hanging out with my cousin. I'll update more later. But for now I need to catch up on some sleep!

No comments: