Sunday, May 15, 2005

glitter amidst intensity

Been back at uni for a week... my brain's still fried... I really do pray that it recovers soon. Had lots on my mind as well. I've had quite a few talks with God regarding vunerability, insecurity, rest, friendships and relationships recently, and funnily, a few close friends shared that they were also pondering on similar issues. I've been encouraged reading what Tom wrote in his blog about friendships and I'm currently loving his band Uncle Joe's track "It's your still small voice".

It's your still small voice I hear
Whispering to me
And how I feel so close to you
I can feel you breath
I feel I can't live
Unless you live in me
I feel I can't be
Unless you're near

Take away my stubbornness
Take away my pride
Take away my glory
In you I will reside
I know that I have said this
I've said this all before
But I will say it any way,
I can give you more

You're all I want, all I need!

My simple words cannot express
My thoughts cannot compare
The beauty of your sacrifice
The beauty of your care
It makes me weep to think of it
You're watching from above
Oh lord I think I'm coming back
To my first love


You're all I want, all I need!

In between my scarf knitting time and uni, I managed to go to Matty's 21st last night at a Freo pub. It was relaxing - eating ice-cream and dancing. And an additional plus was that I was able to meet up with quite a few of my Canadian classmates throughout the night! (here are just a few pics taken last night)


jess, marj, leanne and jj + azza, matt j, bryce, matty

happy 21st Matty!

No comments: