It's been a while since I last posted... but I'm back! I had many troubles with my former computer for the past half a year (which served my family well for many years but decided it was finally time to retire)... so I decided it was time for me to check out what the fuss was about macs... to cut the long story short I am now the proud owner of a sexy 24-inch iMac. Dav, Cliff, Josh, Derek, Mark and Nate's many many years of advocating has finally made me see the light.
Back tracking... the last quarter of 2007 was pretty eventful... some of the highlights were:
- My friends Chantelle and Aaron got married and the ceremony was gorgeous... my sister was a bridesmaid and she and the other girls looked stunning!
- Argentina played incredibly well in the Rugby World Cup... vamos pumas!
- I finally got new contacts... many thanks for the Pomerys for recommending their optometrist... and I'm so grateful that I can wear sunnies again instead of squinting in the sun.
- I took some time off at the end of October and spent a few days with some friends at Rottnest Island (even bicycled around the entire island on a super windy day on a mountain bike that had faulty gears!). I also spent a week down in Margaret River with Anne Howie and Tania Sword and her folks... it was pure luxury, lots of eating and checking out wineries and even went for a bit of whale spotting where we managed to spot a whale tail splashing off the coast.
- I had the priviledge of having breakfast with the lovely Kymmie Rolle (who was in town from the Gold Coast for the week) on my birthday... I had a picnic for my birthday bash the day after... it was great to have all my friends together in one spot enjoying the food and sun.
- My connect group finished for the year by having a dessert and poker night... what a night involving building human pyramids (one tier higher than the year before), lots and lots of delicious homemade desserts, a table full of poker players, chips (not the salt and vinegar type glen!) and tonnes of fun.
- Riverview Youth finished the year with a big party filled with fairy floss, giant stuffed animals, balloons, the entire church foyer looked like a fairground.
- My friend Dee had a Christmas party at her gorgeous shop Winifred and Bance... it was so much fun being able to try the products and chill to the tunes spun on a record player.
- A group of girls had a wine and cheese and painting night... it was a brilliant night as we all got involved painting and enjoyed each other's company... plus the wine and cheese.
- Moses and his girlfriend moved over to Perth right before Christmas and we got to spend Christmas together. I ended up making Christmas lunch from scratch which I surprised even myself that I was able to pull it off. Moses scored a Wii console with his new phone plan so we spent the holidays playing it... it's pretty addictive!
Anyway I am looking forward to how this new year will unfurl... it is already looking like it's going to be pretty full on... maybe I'll even be able to achieve some of the new year's resolutions I have written down too!
Below are some pics from the last quarter of 2007. Click on the pics to view more pics from the different happenings...