Monday, September 06, 2010

wellington

I was warned before I left Perth that the weather in Wellington was bitterly cold, so I braced myself for the worst. Alice reckons I got the best of Wellington this trip, I arrived in Wellington to be welcomed by sun and blue skies. I only copped one day of rain, but the rest of the 4 days were rather pleasant. I really like Wellington, it is a very compact capital city, and it is very beautiful, flying into the city was simply stunning!

Highlights:
Museum of Wellington City & Sea
Wellington Cable Car
Botanic Gardens
The Beehive (parliament)
Te Papa Museum
Movies Tour (Lord of the Rings film locations & Weta Cave)
Green Parrot (the oldest restaurant in Wellington) for amazing steak

NZ music I was introduced to:
- Tahuna Breaks
- Fat Freddy's Drop
- Kora

Btw I loved celebrity spotting in NZ! I saw Peter Jackson (director) driving out of the Weta Studios & half of the All Blacks team at Auckland International Airport (yes Richie McCaw but no Dan Carter)



More pics here: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=482018&id=859840586&l=ed88ba93c7

2 comments:

Unknown said...

hehehe!! N.Z looks sooo good!!
craziness you spotted celebs.
EGGCELLENT.
btw. i want great steeaks too!!!!!
lub youxo

Trish Dunnett said...

Glad wellington offered you its best. The museum is fantastic and I can just imagine you walking along the foreshore.