Friday, March 17, 2006

it's been two years

I can't quite believe it, but it's been two years and two days since I landed in Perth... wow! How time goes by quickly... and how much has happened in that time! Unbelievable! (O-ohh) From I don't know why I'm here in Perth, to slowly working out that there is stuff for me to do here, it definitely has been a journey... but looking back and reflecting, I can see how God has been there every step of the way. He's seen me through all my joy and sorrow, He's heard me ranting, raving and venting, He's counseled me and consoled me, He's seen it all! I'm glad that my family and I have been able to adjust to the new environment and really enjoy it. It's brilliant seeing my dad and mom relaxed, hanging out with friends, enjoying tackling the garden, etc. I guess having my cousins here helps too, Moses loves hanging out with them when he's in town. I'm also so grateful for the beautiful supportive friends I have overseas and the amazing friends that I have been able to make here. And I have to say I'm super thankful for my church, my other home - Riverview... Thank you God for answering my prayers and for always being there for me. And thank you God so much for opening new doors for me, allowing me to experience and see so much more than I ever expected. I never thought I would be able to be involved with visual arts (sure I used to critique it but I never could paint, but here I am doing just that at church!). I never thought I could write songs (believe me I've prayed for years, I've even sat down with pen and paper many at times ready to write something - but nothing came) and just recently one morning I woke up with a song I knew I had to write down... how crazy is that! Anyway those are just a few of the amazing things that I've been experiencing recently... how awesome is my God!

----
Melbourne beckoned my friend Mark... he will definitely be missed by us all here in Perth... so for now - a few flashbacks of the GTs/ shenanigans.


brendan adam mark + chantelle corina

samn greg aaron + feet

corina + aaron

the boys + samn

group photo

annette + pillow fight

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hihi :)

that was a good update.. hehe my older sister getting all reflective and serious, sharing thoughts out hehe.. tis good tis good :)

love you Ann.

ps love the photos where'd you get em from?

annettetherocker said...

ANN!!! I love what you wrote, but did you have to stick that pic of me on there? You know, that was for restricted viewing...Oh well, too late now.

ruthjanine said...

2 years! i thought it was longer! so much has changed for you in that time - good to see and know you've settled in :)