Friday, July 04, 2008

another month of posts - day four

Did I mention that I am a huge fan of Jane Austen? I have finally read all six of her major novels... and I even found a few kindred spirits recently and we had a Jane Austen night... paying tribute to the amazing author by watching DVDs that were inspired by and loosely based about her. It was a powerful combination of four girls (Ronel, Cathy, Brisa and I), dinner, pink cupcakes, maltesers, popcorn, "The Jane Austen Book Club" and "Becoming Jane".




Currently loving:
- Grigg in "The Jane Austen Book Club"... gotta love a sci-fi geek who thought Austen's six books were in sequels and read in order.
- Emma... brutality honest heroine who kept reflecting and learning from her mistakes.
- The men in Becoming Jane... James McAvoy, Joe Anderson, Laurence Fox
- Pink cupcakes
- Spending time with the girls.

No comments: