Thursday, October 30, 2008

a month of posts - day thirty

It's the Red Bull Air Race World Championship this weekend. This is the third year in a row that this annual international competition has been held in Perth. Perth will be hosting this event until year 2011. I missed the competitions in the past two year, so I'm looking forward to catching glimpses of the action on Sunday! This competition uses "the fastest, most agile and lightweight racing planes, pilots navigate a low-level aerial race track made up of air-filled pylons, reaching speeds of 370 kilometres per hour while withstanding forces of up to 12 gs." Wow! I heard them above my house last Sunday as the planes are parked in the airport about 5 minutes from my house. We could hear them practising today by the Swan River (my office isn't too far from the river)... those planes can be pretty loud! Anyway can't wait to see all of the action up close on the weekend!


Currently loving:
- Making blueberry swirl cheesecakes... the first batch didn't have any vanilla essence, but I redeemed myself with the second batch.

No comments: