Wednesday, October 01, 2008

a month of posts - day one

This will be my last set of 'a month of posts' for the year. As my friend Amanda has begun writing every day for the month of October for her sophomore book, I thought I would join along with the month of writing... just perhaps not as inspirational...

Western Australia recently had its state election, and the sandwich shop next to my office decided to get rather vocal about it. The flyers made my whole team smile for practically an entire day... as it was exactly what everyone was thinking and someone had finally voiced it out in the open. (NB: the Barnett campaign aka the Liberals won the election but only just... with the help of the National party... now waiting to see some positive change)



Currently loving:
- knowing that I will be getting a visa to transit in the USA! I went to the US Consulate General today (went through some surreal security) after paying an exorbitant amount of money just to transit in LAX... in the end, the administrator was very generous and gave me a short trip visa which was more than I applied for! yay! Thank God! so one visa down... still got another one to sort out...

No comments: