Monday, October 20, 2008

a month of posts - day twenty

It's been quite a turbulent quarter with many things changing in the big wide world of Perth... in my opinion anyway... the whirlwind state election (which is being governed in coalition at the moment), my work's major restructure which still has not yet been settled since it was announced in May, the international economy crashing, Perth's property market having its big ups and downs, etc. But I was reminded by Mark Connor (my pastor when I was living in Melbourne) who spoke at church over this weekend that we should be living for things of eternal value - knowing God, loving and valuing people, and investing our time, talent and resources into our world a better place, and to have a generous spirit. I find that when I get anxious and uncertain, that's when I tend to curl inwards and not want to give... call it self-preservation or whatever, but I pray that I will be able to live larger.

the You Are Beautiful project
Currently loving:
- My colleagues who help lighten up my day, cracking jokes, sharing food, supporting one another... (even through our vigorous sweaty lunch time circuit training sessions!)

No comments: