Monday, April 14, 2008

a month of posts - day fourteen

It was ten years ago that I started uni and lived at halls. In the past week, a few of my ex dorm mates had celebrated their birthdays... it's been great getting back in contact with most of them through facebook.com. It made me look back and reminisce on the different things that happened in 1998 (yes it was a while ago... and I did have to have a little help with the trusty Google)
  • The Clinton - Lewinsky scandal
  • Titanic the movie won lots and lots of hits... until we got so sick of the song and quoting the lines
  • iMac was introduced
  • The Hong Kong International Airport opened in Chep Lap Kok
  • Google was founded and became the biggest search engine
  • Goo Goo Dolls - Iris was a huge hit
  • Brandy and Monica's hit 'This Boy Is Mine'... I still love that track
  • Other artists that had huge hits... well some of them anyway - 'Baby One More Time' - Britney Spears, 'One Week' - Barenaked Ladies, 'Torn' - Natalie Imbruglia, 'Doo Wop (That Thing)' - Lauryn Hill
  • I met Wen Dee Liew and Katina Tan the first 2 people I met when I first arrived at Halls and who helped me get my suitcases up to my dorm... these girls were my angels while I was at uni... I reckon without them I would have been doomed
  • And I lived with the best group of people ever... ah bless Deakin Hall 1998... with the famous SNAV wall outside the first floor toilets which got updated every week with the latest SNAVs.
I was going to attach photos to this post... but then realised the photos taken back in the days were not digital and I haven't quite figured out how to use my scanner with the mac yet... so no pics :)

No comments: