Monday, April 07, 2008

a month of posts - day seven

Just found out today that my dad will be heading to Hong Kong at the end of this month. I've already warned him about packing light and bringing back a whole heap of HK goodies to Perth. So far he seems to embrace the idea... haha we'll see. (I'm also planning a trip back to HK myself at the end of the year but it's yet to be confirmed) I am really missing HK... haven't been back in 3 years, which is a really long time.

Things I'm currently missing about HK:
- my friends
- mango drinks from 許留山
- hawker food ie 咖哩魚蛋 curried fish balls, 燒賣 siu mai on a stick, 雞蛋仔 waffles
- the huge range of trainers... my trainers have decided to conk out on me, the soles are beginning to peel off
- 講廣東話 speaking in Cantonese... although I have to say my Cantonese is now extremely rusty
- the convenience of public transport
- 茶餐廳 HK cafes
- 餛飩麵 wonton noodles
- the techno gadgets... I desperately need a new camera... mine was stolen when my car was broken into... I feel weird not having my camera around me... may give my dad some money so he can buy one for me
- dried mango Filipino style... not enjoying the ones they have here in Perth, they taste gross.

Ok I love my food... what can I say... I grew up in HK eating!

No comments: