Just found out today that my dad will be heading to Hong Kong at the end of this month. I've already warned him about packing light and bringing back a whole heap of HK goodies to Perth. So far he seems to embrace the idea... haha we'll see. (I'm also planning a trip back to HK myself at the end of the year but it's yet to be confirmed) I am really missing HK... haven't been back in 3 years, which is a really long time.
Things I'm currently missing about HK:
- my friends
- mango drinks from 許留山
- hawker food ie 咖哩魚蛋 curried fish balls, 燒賣 siu mai on a stick, 雞蛋仔 waffles
- the huge range of trainers... my trainers have decided to conk out on me, the soles are beginning to peel off
- 講廣東話 speaking in Cantonese... although I have to say my Cantonese is now extremely rusty
- the convenience of public transport
- 茶餐廳 HK cafes
- 餛飩麵 wonton noodles
- the techno gadgets... I desperately need a new camera... mine was stolen when my car was broken into... I feel weird not having my camera around me... may give my dad some money so he can buy one for me
- dried mango Filipino style... not enjoying the ones they have here in Perth, they taste gross.
Ok I love my food... what can I say... I grew up in HK eating!